How is it not Newsworthy?

    In order to fully understand this blog post you need to know the story. Two weeks ago a female police officer fatally shot a man in his own home. She believed it was her own home despite quite distinct features that were different. There are many conspiracy about this case one will be discussed later in the blog. 

     While searching through my fellow classmates blogs I came across this one article that caught my eye...... not in a good way. " I remember in our journalism class about how relevant matters are important." Besides the grammatical error, I agree with this statement. He then goes on to discuss an article posted on fox news about a Dallas cop who shot a man in his own house when, because she believed it was her own, saying, " 'this isn't relevant to me at all.' " I could not disagree with this statement more. This article is very important due to the fact that this article was written to inform the public on police brutality. OK, conspiracy theory time, Most likely this was a homicide because her story changes every time and all them make absolutely NO sense, back to the story. Also, the fact that it involves a police officer makes even more important. All over the news is police brutality and in order to be fully informed you need to know the whole story.
      Besides the story, let's talk about the article itself. After reading this article a student says, "Its kind of all over the place like I couldn't understand it that well." This statement read my mind. Some how the article title got dragged in to how newsworthy the article is. Yes, some need pizzaz, but that doesn't affect how newsworthy an article is. He then goes back in to the conversation he started in the first paragraph, which it hard to connect. This makes his article difficult to follow and hard to read. Overall, this article could use some work and needs some revising, in my opinion.

Comments