Wave 3: Should We Write About National Candy Corn Day?

    Wave 3 News recently posted an article about how October 30th was National Candy Corn Day. Now trust me, I love candy corn to the moon and back, but writing an article over it for all of Louisville to see might be a bit much. Usually they would not write an article on any other national day, just merely mention it along the way. After reading the article it mainly talks about the origins of candy corn and how it got its name. In my opinion there are many other topics that have a higher level of importance against this topic. On the other hand I do see how this article could be a break against all the crime, but still, it just doesn't seem necessary. I do understand that it is Halloween and that you need fillers, but you could definitely find a more relevant issue to write about.
    Also, as I went back in I checked for any more stories that were not quite newsworthy, I found an article about how they moved Trick-or-Treating to Tuesday in most neighborhoods. I can see how this is really important to most people, but it should be a more subtle article and not like one of the biggest ones that is presented. Even my neighborhood moved Trick-or-Treating to Tuesday, but that was something the HOA announced to us and it was merely unnecessary to say it in a large online website that all of Louisville looks at. Yes, Halloween is a big event, but some aspects of it might not need to be shared to people that it would not affect directly.

Comments